Vlassis Vlassiou, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
S-CASE aspires to greatly boost software building productivity by simplifying the development process. Use of S-CASE allows a front-end developer to easily build fully functional web-applications by implementing the back-end functionality as well. S-CASE minimizes time-to-market and maximizes throughput for any given software project.
The S-CASE webbook provides SW developers with a step-by-step methodology that guides them from defining the software requirements of their envisaged application to building ready-to-deploy software.
S-CASE produces software is fully tested and documented, while it inherently supports features such as state-of-the-art authentication and authorization, efficient search, data schema creation and external 3rd party services integration.
All in all, the S-CASE Eclipse plugin ecosystem comprises a credible way to rapidly scaffold highly sophisticated Web Services, while at the same time eliminates manual Source Code typing and debugging time.
S-CASE Marketing Strategy overview
The cornerstone of the S-CASE marketing strategy has been to design promotion & engagement activities right from the start of the project, even before producing any reliable research results.
Our main goal was to communicate the S-CASE concept to stakeholders fitting specific developer/company profiles, generate our target groups and promote their engagement to the platform. Based on their feedback, adjustments on the S-CASE concept (and marketing strategy) were made.
Our dissemination and exploitation activity plan aimed to first approach developers (who are keen to test new ideas), introduce them to S-CASE, then, through targeted activities, involve them whenever a new version of the platform was released. A marketing strategy toolkit (see annex 1) was setup, comprising targeted newsletters and segmented social media campaigns, developer hackathons, EXPO participation and B2B meetings/live demos (for company users).
A parallel goal was market research, for identifying user needs and competition, thus a data survey collection plan was also carried out with communication & engagement activities. In order to gain valuable insight, our goal was to engage users to take a survey before and after familiarizing themselves with the S-CASE platform,
The ultimate goal of our strategy was to deliver a solid business model with “clean” revenue streams, good knowledge of competition as well as expenses budgeting per business activity.
Identification of Target Group & User Pools
The first developer user segment we initially recognized were front-end junior level developers. The main user-pools we drew contacts from:
- Front-end developers that work inside business environments (i.e Advertising & Marketing companies), where there is a need of using tools to develop prototype Web/Mobile applications with minimum effort (and cost).
- Front-end developers from freelancer communities that lack experience and expertise for producing back-end functionality (web service design and deployment, authentication and authorization).
Market research channels
Market research channels where designed and activated to optimize potential user profiles including web polls and surveys.
Launching Activities - How we do it
A marketing kit was assembled defining the best way to handle initial communications as well as upcoming interest for the project. It was clear that in order to meet the needs of our intended users we had to make marketing assets as accessible and responsive as possible. Similarly, we needed to make sure that our messaging was distinct, in terms of the value propositions we have identified, but also in terms of the S-CASE story; whether aimed at developers or their bosses. In all our marketing material we identified the following messaging flow:
- Step 1: Define the target group, address them with a simple proposition: Do you have an idea for a mobile or web application?; Do you need to build a fully compatible service or part that can be used in SW applications?
- Step 2: Define the problem for the particular audience: Imagine a tool that helps you produce software by simply INSERTING your Web Service or application component IDEA; Imagine a platform that allows developers to locate existed web services and SW parts that can be easily integrated to their own SW project skipping rebuilding time.
- Step 3: State the Solution to the problem: S-case provides developers a way to discover and select the right pieces to complete the software puzzle; S-case platform can even suggest the right way to integrate software components and services with minimum effort; Letting you rapidly prototype components and services on your journey to the complete application
- Step 4 Engagement step for DEV and roadmap for SW houses with a clear Call To Action (CTA): In video active link to S-case Download or Platform Demo through Facebook Login Capability besides creating an emailed account