Application service providers and developers who deal with complex computing platforms experience a number of deficiencies in the current cloud ecosystem:
The CYCLONE solution facilitates the deployment, management, and use of complex, multi-cloud applications, as well as enhancing the end-to-end security of those applications.
he main target are application developers or application service providers who develop complex computing platforms on cloud infrastructures.
The project has identified two flagship applications. An academic cloud platform and associated services for bioinformatics research, and a commercial deployment for smart grids in the energy sector.
The current problem while deploying complex applications on federated cloud environment can be summarized as follows:
Lack of automation:
• Applications need to be deployed in a distributed way, preparing the application pipeline in advance, checking errors
• Developers need to choose where and how to deploy the application
• Developers have to secure both the deployment and the running of the applicatio
Lack of integration
• Currently on the market there is no tool or platform covering Application deployment, security and network management all at once.
Limited tools and features.
• A software platform that includes tools for monitoring, scaling, or modifying other aspects of the application is rarely available.
This is what CYCLONE delivers:
CYCLONE allows users to aggregate cloud resources from both private and public providers to build a cloudplatform that is tailored to their application’s needs.
CYCLONE enables dynamic allocation of high-bandwidth channels inside and between data centers.
CYCLONE allow pluggable monitoring services.
CYCLONE implements end-to-end cloud security.