- The development of Big Data services for capturing and annotating large data
- The use of efficient technologies for guaranteeing the fulfilment of the security and privacy policies
- The transfer of this technology to a real-user scenario with high social & business impact for both EU and BR
EUBra-BIGSEA is an API-oriented project (that is, it is oriented to service and application developers). The targets are:
- Private sector (SMEs, Start-ups, Large Enterprises): Knowledge and technology transfer for the development of value-added services
- Data scientists & domain researchers: Main producers and consumers of scientific data
- Administrators & cloud service providers: Composition of Big Data applications & development on the cloud platform with QoS
- Open Source communities & application developers: Leverage on the open source software developed in the framework of the project
- Policy Makers
- Standardization bodies
- Public authorities, Urban planners
- Citizens: Better and smarter services for citizens and improved urban environments and mobility
EUBra-BIGSEA is developing a QoS architecture that will predict resource consumption of Big Data Analytics applications in order to pre-allocate and dynamically adjust virtualized infrastructures. EUBra-BIGSEA will leverage mixed horizontal and vertical elasticity on hybrid container and VM infrastructures to support a rich Data Analytic framework powered by OPHIDIA, COMPSs and Spark, which will be enriched with these capabilities.
EUBra-BIGSEA provides an integrated, elastic and dynamic big data cloud platform to address knowledge discovery by tackling data volume, variety, velocity and veracity issues as well as privacy, security and QoS challenges.
EUBra-BIGSEA is developing a programming layer for Big Data to transparently build applications composed of data operators mapped to different Big Data frameworks.
EUBra-BIGSEA is developing a framework for ensuring the Quality of Service of data analytics services on top of cloud computing infrastructures.
EUBra-BIGSEA provides a comprehensive and effective security approach and a global security solution that takes into account the requirements and constraints of the cloud for Big Data processing.