Top 8 reasons to move to the cloud
Top 8 Reasons to Move Your Business to the Cloud
8. It's the future: Whether we like it or not, and whether you want to or not, your business will be moving to the cloud. Of course, you already do email in the cloud, but it is just as easy to move your other business applications there as well, whether for document storage, security, office applications, backup, finances and accounting, sales and marketing, or what have you.
7. It's safer: Cloud services are housed in remote servers, servers that have the best security systems available, and which are always being updated with the latest updates. This past year, my No. 1 trend for small business for 2015 was security. It's important to take it seriously.
6. It's easier than you think: There are two main pain points for most small businesses – time and money. For many, it is that second factor that prevents them from making the necessary move to the cloud. They think it will be too time-consuming, that there will be too steep of a learning curve.
Will there be a learning curve? Of course, you bet. But not a big one. Truly.
In the end, what you will find is that having your business systems always on, always available to you and your team from anywhere on any device will save you money, and, yes, time.
Are you happy you learned to type? Same idea.
5. It's where the juice is: In the past two years, cloud apps are where all of the money and creative energy is at. Really smart people are spending a lot of energy creating cool apps to help you run your business better. A search will help you find some. They are amazing.
4. It will make you more productive: There is a cloud-based solution for whatever business issue you are dealing with. Period.
3. It's scalable: According to BizJournals.com, "The cloud is highly scalable. Resources and employees can be added or removed to and from the network quickly without any large investments."
2. It is affordable and always up to date: As mentioned, money is our other typical pain point. As such, an issue small businesses have long faced is when to make an investment in IT updating and infrastructure. The thinking goes something like this, "We have been running this operating system (of accounting software, or computer system, or whatever) for several years now, and we know we need an upgrade. But it's not really in the budget. Next year for sure!"
One of the beautiful things about running your business in the cloud is that cloud apps are always updated, always the latest version. Not only that, because you are not "buying" the whole package, but instead "renting" what you need, moving to the cloud becomes a very affordable option.
And the No. 1 reason to move your business to the cloud:
1. It will make your life easier: Being able to access all of your data and applications anywhere, anytime, from any device, by anyone on your team really is a revolution for the better.
To read the full story, please visit USA Today.
Image courtesy of cooldesign at FreeDigitalPhotos.net